Our customers enjoy cycling and skiing more, reach their fitness goals sooner, and get honest value for their hard-earned dollars because of the work we do. Would you like to join us?
Gorham Bike and Ski is always looking for energetic individuals to fill Sales and Service positions in our ever-growing organization. You must be fun, passionate (but not snobby) about cycling and/or skiing. We pride ourselves on knowing our customers by name and providing them solutions so that they can get the most out of every minute in the saddle or on the slopes and trails. We love what we do and want to instill that same excitement with our customers.
Experienced Bicycle Technician
At Gorham Bike and Ski we seek employees who are fun, energetic, customer friendly and hard-working. The Bike Technician’s primary responsibilities include tuning bikes, building new bikes, assisting with keeping our rental fleet up to Gorham Bike and Ski standards and provide top notch customer service. The Bicycle Technician’s job is very important as we depend on well prepared bicycles to make the customer’s experience as good as it can be. The Bicycle Technician reports to the Service Manager, but is expected to be proactive and be able to manage his or her own time and responsibilities. Gorham Bike and Ski offers a fun, fast-paced work environment where like-minded people can thrive and grow. Pay is competitive and based on experience.
- Evaluate and repair customer bikes following Gorham Bike and Ski standards.
- Complete service tickets on time and meet customer deadlines.
- Take notes for all work done during repairs and update service management software.
- Navigate vendor B2B websites (ex. QBP, Trek, Giant) to prepare accurate quotes and build parts orders.
- Keep bench and the workshop clean.
- Keep up to date with newest trends and standards in the bike industry.
- Maintain rental and demo fleet.
- Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of Gorham Bike and Ski.
- Assist customers with bicycle sales, accessories, tools, clothing and race/tour preparation.
- Strive to achieve monthly service goals.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a bike shop.
- Must be able to manage his or her own time and prioritize workflow.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to exhibit excellent customer service.
- Must have excellent work attendance and the ability to be on time.
- Must have very strong attention to detail.
- Must have extensive current knowledge of a wide variety of bikes, accessories and parts.
- Must be able to perform all work up to Gorham Bike and Ski standards.
Get the ball rolling! Apply Now
Full Time, Year-Round Sales Team Members
Gorham Bike and Ski is currently searching for Full-Time, Year-Round Sales Team Members. Do you have a passion for skiing, cycling and living a healthy active lifestyle? Do you have a positive, upbeat personality? Can you bring it with you to work every day? Do you enjoy working in a face-paced, high-energy environment? Then you should come work with us!
- Must have days, evenings and weekend availability.
- Clearly explain and demonstrate products to customers.
- Utilize sales training to provide top notch customer experiences.
- Apply customer service skills to exceed customer's expectations.
- Process sales, returns, and special orders.
- Provide feedback to the Store Manager on ideas to increase sales.
- Promote Gorham Bike and Ski mission, values, and standards.
- Responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
- Ensure the store is properly merchandised as planned and presents a clean and welcoming appearance.
- Prior bicycle or sporting goods sales or customer service experience in a fast-paced retail environment not required but is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population.
- Excellent sales skills and a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of computers and technology.
- Dedication to get the job done.
- Ability to team with co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Get the ball rolling! Apply Now